If you are currently an entrepreneur or a one/two person show looking to grow – this one’s for you.
The SLICE is a one-day branding, marketing + value-defining immersion, designed to help you answer two crucial, juicy questions: what do you offer that no one else can? And who needs what you’ve got to offer — like none other?
With those prompts as our launchpad, we’ll work together to identify your irresistible story points, ideal customers, meaningful metrics and compelling pitch language. In just one week, you’ll glimpse the soul of your business — and walk away with actionable strategies to deliver that spirit straight to your desired audience.
It’s one-part private workshop + one-part business coaching + one-part story-shaping, with a couple of unexpected creative triggers (like a virtual Scavenger Hunt, for starters.)
After completing some pre-work, you’ll spend a few hours with me, in the gorgeous San Francisco Bay Area. Or, I’ll beam over to you — virtually, that is (Skype is a miracle-worker).
See more details below about how it all works. To get your Slice Session scheduled, contact Maria today!
Working with Maria was the kickstart I needed to help define my business ideas and give me the encouragement I needed to leave the practice of law and enter the world of entrepreneurship. I now have a luxury women’s fitness and wellness retreat business that I love, combining my passion for travel with bringing together groups of women to help inspire them to take care of their minds, bodies and spirits. I couldn’t have done it without Maria’s guidance, knowledge and enthusiasm. Worth every penny! — Rebecca Garland, Founder, The Curated Getaway and Fit and Fly Girl
Maria, thanks so much for your wonderful mixture of passion and expertise in what you do. I now have a brand strategy that not only captures the heart of what I do but will also stand the test of time. I really appreciate how you’ve so fully dived in to really understand my business and what I do, and then cut right to what needs to be articulated and shared about it. It really means a lot to have someone so interested in my business and in creating a great brand strategy for it. Thank you!— Karen Ross, Coach and Speaker, Start With You
Working with Maria transformed my business. The process enabled me to break through my fears and expand the concept of what is possible for my business. The result – Alinga went from a small hidden space to a modern wellness studio that embodies the Alinga brand in every way. I can’t thank Maria enough!” —Andrea Rae, Owner, Alinga Bodywork
“I can’t say enough good things about working with Maria. Her professionalism, expertise, and focus are second to none. The content and tone delivered were spot on and sounded like my company, not hers. Best part? She’s also fun to work with. Worth every penny.” – Elizabeth Noblitt
“In a word: AMAZING. After seeing how Maria clarified and articulated the pitch, message and value of the business I plan to launch, I can taste it, I am so thrilled that it’s on paper and now I know I just have to make it happen. She has taken me 80% of the way towards realizing my vision and now it’s just about action!” – Rebecca Rodskog, Rodskog Change Consulting
“Being a solopreneur, I was able to get my business only so far before I needed some help with taking it to the next level. I’m so glad I chose Red Slice to help me get there. Maria is a pleasure to work with, very professional and seriously knows her stuff. We made not only short-term goals but also longer-term goals for my business, giving me a really thorough path for my business growth.” – Rebecca Michi, Children’s Sleep Specialist
“As a solopreneur of six years, I had gazed into my own navel for so long I had lost all perspective on what message my business was sending out into the world. I was overwhelmed with the possible choices I could/should be making. I needed help. Maria provided guidance, perspective, and rock-solid instructions for which steps were needed to move my business to the next level. I’ve fallen in love with my business all over again! Hiring Maria was the best business decision I’ve ever made.” – Leslie Irish Evans, Self Care Expert
“My time with Maria was without a doubt the best investment I have made in my business. The process from beginning to end was well organized and professional. It was a step by step plan to organize my vision and marketing goals for the future. Maria’s expertise was invaluable as she helped me differentiate myself from my competitors, develop taglines, and organize my marketing plan. Within only one week of meeting with her I have seen positive results. I look forward to utilizing her talents in the future and will recommend her highly to other business owners.” – Tracy Larson, Founder and Editor, No Makeup Required
How it works!
- Prior to your day-long retreat, you will complete a SLICE Playbook — 10 pages of prompts, prods and probing questions, designed to drill into the unique core elixir that informs how you want to look, talk and act in the marketplace. This Playbook anchors my preliminary research and brand audits, so I can show up swinging, with info that’s relevant for you. It also serves to get your mind fully synchronized for the dialogue we’ll crack open, on the day of your strategic retreat.
- On the day of your SLICE retreat, we’ll stride into action with an (optional) half-hour of Irresistible Presence 101 — high-speed circuit-training for your branding muscles. You will (finally!) grasp the differences between your brand (hint: it’s more than a logo), marketing, social media, PR, and other buzzwords + platforms that can serve (and structure) your business. No more terminology-tension or communication potholes. When it comes to messaging, we want to be speaking the same language.
- After that, we’ll shift into a few hours of strategic coaching — we’ll spiral closer to the soul of your business, and decide how to make it shine, in a way that resonates with your customers, clients or audience. We’ll dive into core benefits, authentic messaging, and package-able proof points. We’ll work towards profiling your ideal targets with precision, so you can focus your efforts, without boiling the ocean. We’ll also discuss competition and differentiators, enabling you to see the ‘white space’ that you can swiftly claim to break away from the pack. Throughout the session, clarity is the goal.
- If we need to go beyond lunchtime, we’ll take a midday strategy break, to rest our brains — but your SLICE retreat may still be in full effect. I may give you an (optional) juicy prompt to play with, or a series of online (and offline) Scavenger Hunt tasks to complete…you might be directed to a local vineyard to observe the lead sommelier’s customer service + sales techniques. You might get sent off to your local Starbucks, to take notes of what the baristas say, offer + upsell. You might be prescribed an hour of modern art exposure, at your local gallery. It’s a stealthy surprise — and it’s all about getting your creative juices flowing in fresh directions. I want you to actively observe the way that powerful brands create emotional experiences that influence our decisions — and then bottle that energy + bring it home.
- We’ll re-join to continue the conversation, tie up loose ends and Recap + Wrap next-steps to boost your business.
- Then, I’ll go away with my writing partner, where we’ll put our thinking caps on and work our magic — this is the part where we get technical, logistical, and tactical. We’ll craft compelling brand language and outline marketing recommendations and next steps. We adhere to the 80/20 rule of decision-making, identifying the efforts that’ll deliver the biggest bang for your branding buck.
- Within a week: you’ll receive a shiny new SLICE Brandscape Report that includes everything you need, all synthesized + spelled out in (delightfully) plain English:
- Your Brand Positioning Statement
- Detailed Ideal Client Profiles
- Your Main Benefits + Differentiators
- Company Descriptor + Elevator Pitch
- 3 pieces of clarifying copy that you get to choose: could be your About page, Home page, bio, mission statement, values, offering descriptions, manifesto, tagline or one new sales page.
- Content Marketing Tips and Topic Ideas
- Marketing Recommendations
- Next Steps (Yes, exact action steps to bring your brand to life!)
- Personalized referrals to road-tested freelancers + contractors whom I adore (from graphic designers to coders to copywriters, and beyond) to support your upward trajectory.
Are you ready to get started?
Investment is $2999 and worth every penny (according to past clients!) To get your Slice Session scheduled, contact Maria today!