I’m excited to share this guest blog post from my friend and frequent collaborator, Sandy Jones-Kaminski of Bella Domain Media. As I’ve mentioned before, Sandy’s a “social media life saver” and is especially adept at leveraging LinkedIn for marketing and business development. Here’s an awesome post from her full of some of her own secret sauce for generating leads and boosting her own brand on LinkedIn. Enjoy!
Recently, after speaking at an event where 80% of the room admitted that they were hardly leveraging LinkedIn at all, I thought I’d share the 10 things I do on LinkedIn each and every week as inspiration for others to do more on this powerful professional networking platform.
- Update the status on your profile with either news about a connection or an upcoming speaking engagement I have.
- Share something worthy that a connection has posted.
- Review your main stream and Like or Comment on things your network has shared.
- Review who’s looking at your profile and see if there is anyone you want to connect with on the list. (BTW, don’t bother with the upgrade. I had it through a prior job and didn’t real see any real value in it as long as you check it every few days, which I do.)
- Share an industry-relevant article, post or maybe a new service offering on your company page. Don’t have a Company Page? Create one!
- Endorse what you’re comfortable endorsing for direct connections. (Does anyone really endorse people they couldn’t vouch for during a reference request?)
- Research people or companies you’re interested in or are targeting for future work or collaborations.
- Follow some new (to you on LinkedIn) thought leaders or Company pages and Comment, Like or Share that content.
- Check out what’s happening within some of the groups where you’re most active. (Comment and Like where appropriate.)
- Grow your network by sending personalized Invitations to Connect to the new people you meet (or like) each week.
BTW, you can hire Sandy to show you how to REALLY leverage LinkedIn. Click HERE for details.