In addition to being a brand strategist, I balance business savvy with a creative fire that just refuses to burn out. I moonlight as a writer for lifestyle sites/magazines as well as business sources like Entrepreneur.com, Amex OPEN Forum, Sharp Skirts, Microsoft Small Business Blog UK, Seattle Business and many more. Oh, to keep my creative storytelling mojo working, I’m also an actress.
Dig in and devour the words!
Branding Basics for Small Business: How to Create an Irresistible Brand on Any Budget by Maria Ross (2010, Norlights Press)
The book experts call, “a roadmap leading small businesses in the right direction,” this book shows all entrepreneurs, non-profit execs and marketing professionals how to save time, money and headache on marketing, messaging and branding efforts. Wanna create a brand that connects with customers? Look no further than this fresh, sassy guide with case studies, examples and a foolproof 10-step process to crafting the perfect brand.
Rebooting My Brain is the true story of what happens when you get yanked out of your life by a crisis―and have to get back on the ride all over again. With refreshing candor, Maria Ross shares how the relentless pace of her life came to a screeching halt when an undetected brain aneurysm ruptured and nearly killed her. Along her stubborn road back to health, her resulting cognitive and emotional challenges forced her―sometimes kicking and screaming―to reframe her life, her work and her identity.
With humor and heart, Maria reveals the keys to her extraordinary comeback and how her perspective is forever changed, mostly for the better. Funny, touching and real, this book not only shares an inspirational story of transformation but enlightens readers about the surprising effects of brain injury… and explores the question, “How do our brains define who we are?”
Enjoy my urban life, food, wine and entertainment blog
Past published clips:
San Francisco Downtown magazine:
- Toast of the Town: Hottest Wine Bars (Cover Story)
- Beyond Napa: Vineyards outside of Napa (Cover Story)
- Beyond Tapas and Tortillas: B44 restaurant review
- Peruvian Panache: Mochica restaurant review
- Late Night Eats
- Patio Dining
- Interfaith Intersections: Theatre review
- Adaptation is Painful But It Can Also Be a Gift, May 12, 2012
Dining Out SF online:
Seattle Business Magazine:
- Building Buzz: Three Brand Strategies That Work, April 2011
- Top Seven Tips for an Irresistible Brand, October 20, 2010
Columbus CEO Magazine
- How Much Personal Stuff Should You Share in Your Business? May 1, 2012
- Build a Business You Know, January 5, 2011
- Three Ways to Spring Clean Your Business, Brand and Life, April 12, 2012
- Why Me? Why NOT Me? February, 2011
- The Lazy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Goal Setting, January 3, 2011
- What the #$%*! Are You Waiting For?!, December 2010
The Mom Entrepreneur:
- Labels, Labels, Labels, October 26, 2010
American Express OPEN Forum:
- How to Focus on Your Ideal Customer, October 18, 2010