We are too often sleepwalking through our lives. Rushing from here to there, where people we come in close contact with become mere extras in the screenplay of our day. But what if you could take some time and find a way to connect with someone over a shared joy, or frustration, or cool coffee drink – or gaudy pink flamingo earrings? What if you could do this with the people you see and interact with every day – your co-workers?
To access the episode transcript, please click on the episode title at http://www.TheEmpathyEdge.com
- Story is up to 22x more memorable than just facts alone.The best approach for data retention is to incorporate it into a story.
- Story touches hearts and changes minds in a way that data, facts, and figures cannot do alone.
- Stories unite us and connect us, across any perceived barriers. They can touch, delight, provoke, anger, move, or propel us into action.
“If you want people to remember you – or your business, cause, or movement – and take action, the best way is to tell your story.” — Maria Ross
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- John Millen blog, 4 Reasons Stories are So Memorable
Learn more about Maria’s new Brand Story Breakthrough course, starting September 8. Spots are limited so grab yours before it’s gone to start attracting more of your ideal customers and boosting revenue and growth: https://bit.ly/BSBcourse
Join the tribe, download your free guide! Discover what empathy can do for you: http://red-slice.com/business-benefits-empathy
Connect with Maria:
Get the podcast and book: TheEmpathyEdge.com
Learn more about Maria and her work: Red-Slice.com
Hire Maria to speak at your next event: Red-Slice.com/Speaker-Maria-Ross
Take my LinkedIn Learning Course! Leading with Empathy
LinkedIn: Maria Ross
Facebook: Red Slice